FREE Introductory Class
2 - 4 months
The Baby Splash class is specifically designed to introduce babies 2 - 4mths to the water.
Our classes are designed to provide a caring and nurturing place in which to give your little waterbaby a gentle, relaxed and enjoyable environment to experience the joys of water. Your Baby Splash Instructor will guide you through a variety of introductory skills such as:
- How to hold your baby in the water
- Introducing water to your new baby
- Learning to move confidently with your baby in the pool
- Introducing sensory exploration
The benefits of baby swimming are unique, uplifting and contribute not only to swimming but to the positive development of your child. Songs, games and skills are gently interwoven together and are designed to slowly begin the process of water familiarisation for your little waterbaby.
Baby Splash is a wonderful way to introduce your baby to the water, meet other new parents and provides a safe and warm environment to allow your baby to begin developing sensory skills to assist in all aspects of life.
What do I need to bring to our Baby Splash lesson?
- SWIM NAPPY: Children who are not toilet trained will need to wear a waterproof swim nappy. You can purchase your own disposable swim snappies from the supermarket or visit our swim shop at the centre and help us to reduce waste and save the environment by purchasing a re-usable one.
- BABY SWIM TOP: The water is always heated to 32C and there is no wind or sun issues as we are indoors. However, we advise that babies wear a swim top during lessons to help give them that extra layer of warmth until they are older and can regulate their own body temperature better. This is particularly important for babies in this age group.
- TOWEL: After swimming you will head to our changerooms where we have a large rinse off area with plenty of warm water. Dry & wrap your baby up, head to a change table and dress them ready for outdoors exactly as you would after they have had a bath at home.
- BEANIE: In cooler weather we advise all our parents to keep their children extra warm by popping a beanie on their head before going out into the cold winter air.
- FEEDING: You are more than welcome to relax in our Parent Viewing Room or in the foyer by our Poolside Coffee Shop to feed your baby after lessons. Swimming works up quite an appetite and babies will love a feed and a big nap after their lesson.
9.00am - 9.30am
|Tuesday||10.00am - 10.30am|
|Wednesday||10.00am - 10.30.am|
|Friday||10.30am - 11.00am|
|Saturday||10.30am - 11.00am
11:30am - 12:00pm
12.00pm - 12.30pm
|Class||Per Lesson||Block of ten|
MAKE-UP LESSON POLICY
Families in our Baby Splash Program do not need to Make-up Missed Lessons. However, we do ask that you call us to let us know if you are not attending your lesson so we have that spot available to book in another little Waterbaby for that week!